Whenever we look for a cozy cottage to spend quality times on a vacation with our loved ones. We imagine a sunlit wooden beautiful cottage. Where we wake up to a beautiful view of sunrise and then we imagine ourselves having coffee while sitting on a window sill while cherishing a beautiful sunset. The thing which we do not imagine is a cottage with moldy old windows, which do not allow enough sunlight to enter. Even when we go shopping, we look at the mannequins through the glass window panes of the shops, then we buy those articles which attract us at first glance. This is the importance of a clean windowpane. If the windowpanes are dirty, glazed with gunk, splattered with bird droppings, and blurred with hard water stains. It will have a damaging impact on the business.
Cleaning windows by yourself sometimes gives you a tough time. But if you start doing it for others, it may result in a full-time profitable business. Which is in demand these days as this field has not been discovered by many, especially in Pakistan.
This field has not been discovered as much as the other mainstream fields. It has a better market for now, one could easily excel in this area than any other area when it comes to starting a new business.
The following are some tips to make your business look more attractive and distinct from others. First, choose a catchy phrase or name for your company.
Secondly, use online platforms for marketing such as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.
You can provide free services to the renowned personalities and ask them to give you a review and shoutout on their social media websites and platforms just like a PR Package.
Now, introduce packages for your customers, they love them. Even the ones who do not prefer to get their windows cleaned by a stranger will get attracted by the offers and packages.
And the most important thing is to be the best of your words, people love good service and polite customer service. They always remember the nice people. So always be nice to them, add some additional services as a token of best wishes to act as a cherry on top. Your customers will never go for another company ever again. Now let us discuss the actual business here.
WINDOW CLEANING EQUIPMENT
You will need the following equipment:
- Newspapers (Black and White)
- Bath towels
- Toothbrushes/ small cleaning brushes
- Clean cool water
- White vinegar/ Ammonia/ Market bought glass cleaner
Follow the instructions for best results:
- Wash the windows with cold water using a hose.
- Mix one part of vinegar with two parts of cold water in a spray bottle or use a market bought glass cleaner and spray it on the window.
- If there are any hard water spots, use market-bought hard water stain remover to soak those spots before cleaning them with your DIY solution.
- If there are any hard stains, bird droppings, or any other impurity sticking on the surface of the window, just soak it in the DIY solution for some time, then gently rub it with a scrubby sponge, do not use the steel one, it may scratch the surface.
- Then wash the windows using the cold-water hose from top to bottom to avoid any dripping and streaks.
- Now, dry the window using black and white newspapers in a zigzag motion to avoid streaks.
- Dry the insides from left to right and outsides in top to bottom motion. So that if there are any streaks once the windows are dried. You can figure out which side has to be washed again.
Use these tips to be more efficient and stand out:
- Always use cold water to wash your windows.
- Do not wash your windows on a sunny day.
- Wash windows on a cold cloudy day.
- Use home-made solution for the light cleaning.
- Always use a store-bought solution for the hard water stains.
- Wash and clean the frames too.
- Dry the frames attentively, as they may get rusted if not dried properly.
- Use gloves to protect your hands.